Wednesday, May 4, 2011

His Child

These are my sweet cousins emma and ella! Don't you just love them already?!


I thought about them today while reading some in Matthew. 

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." 18:3-4

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 19:14


So, I thought, what are the characteristics children have that are so precious in Jesus' sight? 

  • When I think of emma and ella a few come straight to my mind: Children are completely trusting--they have faith and believe anything is possible (There were plenty of times I thought i was superwoman); they are accepting of all (backgrounds and physical appearance don't matter when you need a hide and go seek partner); they are so loving and easily forgive offenses; they are FULL of joy and excitement about life.
I can think of more than a few verses where those characteristics are mentioned as overflow of a relationship with Christ! Don't so many Fruits of the Spirit describe a  child?! Faith is a requirement for a growing relationship with Him--to see God work in our lives and for Him to use us accordingly.


Praying to be humbled to become more like His child today.

No comments:

Post a Comment