Friday, July 15, 2011

Desiring Him Alone

Check out this song: Matt Jackson -Healer
Eye opening lyrics:

You are my source
You are my light
and I'm seeking you till all the mysteries are known
I want the healer not just the healing
I want the giver not just the gift
I want the real thing not just something
I want You
I want You

Falling in love with God requires we seek Him for Him.  I am and will always continue to be learning to know him and I have realized how much more He is than I ever imagined...the benefits of Himself are just a wonderful extra. He has changed my life from the RELATIONSHIP not all the perks. Yes, God can/will do truly extraordinary things for you...He saves you, He re-names you as His child, He gives you life abundantly, but those things do not come without loving God truly for who He is. THAT is when a life changes and a persons finds the incredible purpose of glorifying God and doing His will.  Looking back, I found those precious things he gives us through seeking Him and finding Him. God's not our genie in a bottle--He is the Almighty....the 'I AM' that wants a relationship. With that relationship flows beautiful blessings...things we may not have considered as a blessing until then.

Reality Check: Is your upmost desire only Him?

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; He is faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep His commands." Deut. 7:9

No comments:

Post a Comment